Checking books in and out of Library
The librarians are able to check books in and out of the library. When checking out a library resource you can select the person who is checking out the resource, the quantity (in case there are more than 1) and the Checkout date that the item was removed from the library. When the book is returned to the library the librarian can check the book back in by setting the Return date.
Checking out a book or resource (CD, DVD etc)
To check out a book or other library resource follow these steps:
- Use the search feature to locate the book (you can search by Title, ISBN, Barcode and more)
- Click on the book to go to that library record
- Click the Checkout button in the top right corner of the window
- In the Checkout item window select the library user in the Person field
- Then enter a quantity if required and enter the date that the book was removed from the library.
- Click the Checkout button.
Returning a book or resource (CD, DVD etc)
To return a book or other library resource to the library shelves follow these steps:
- Click on the 3-dot menu in the top right of the Library module and then select Checkouts
- Select the book or resource in the Currently Borrowed section at the top of the page
- Click the orange Borrowed button for the book and then enter the date that the book was returned.
- Click the Save changes button to record the book's return.